October 16th, 2009 Sue, tried to sell me a deaf puppy. A red merle border collie.

At that time She did have a large yard but nothing fenced for the dogs to run in that I could see. We were not allowed to enter the dog area, but could hear the constant barking and the smell was disgusting. She did not know what puppy we were there to pick up and after bringing out three puppies we found the one. The puppy would not move on the ground.

I asked her to please call the puppy the way she calls them to feed them. Sue refused to call the puppy because she did not call them to feed them. She expected us to call it, I thought maybe it would go to a familiar voice. I asked to pick out a different puppy and she refused to let me choose from the other available ones that she had stated earlier were available.

She demanded that I take the one I came for and went on and on about the pedigree, but I told her I was not living with a pedigree I was going to be living/training the puppy for a client. This was a puppy that I was picking for a client, not myself. That is part of what I do for a living. So, I can recognize an under socialized deaf puppy when I see one.

The puppy had a rash and some missing hair on its belly, the back and rest of the body looked ok, well except for the dandruff. Sue said it was from the wood chips, and maybe the puppy was allergic to it or possibility the food. She said that red puppies had sensitive skin and allergies. I did not appreciate being yelled at and the swearing was not needed that followed.

Needless to say I walked away without a puppy and will stop right there with what happened. She would not return the buyers phone calls to talk about the deposit or the possibility of getting a different puppy. If I had seen this site earlier I would have commented a long time ago. The attached photo is the puppy frozen on the ground and not moving no matter what sound or movement was done around the puppy.

My husband and myself both tried to get the puppy to respond to something.

An older female dog was brought out and the puppy did not move, it was suppose to be the mother of the puppy, but the puppy still did not move. So not sure about that dog being the mother, and that dog was also nervous about the whole thing and shaking while outside seemed very skittish being on a leash and outside.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Shoreland Kennel. The most disappointing about shoreland kennel border collie dog from Shoreland Kennel was customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shoreland Kennel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Breeders category for more informed decision or compare Shoreland Kennel to other companies on our site.

Comments

Wow!! What lies!

She has 2 acres fenced in for the dogs. Lives on 40 acres in the middle of nowhere. Creek on her property for dogs to swim in. Special puppy room attached to house.

Indoor kennels. Heated. Beautiful and clean facility.

Illinois and AKC inspected and approved. Very healthy puppies with loving temperaments.

to Anonymous #1370754

KENNELS ARE NOT HEATED. HOW DO YOU HEAT A CATTLE BARN.

HAS 3-4 DOGS IN ONE KENNEL. HAS A FAN IN THE BUILDING THAT HAS NOT WORKED FOR YEARS.

HOW SHE EVER PASSED THE AKC INSPECTION IS BEYOND ME.

PUPS ARE NEVER SOCIALIZED AND CANNOT EVEN WALK THRU A DOORWAY.

SHE IS A BREEDER JUST OUT FOR THE MONEY.

PUPPY MILL PRACTICES FOR SURE.

to Anonymous #1371647

This is a total lie.Her dogs are in crates in the 3 stall garage attached to her house.They live in there own urine,and poop.We got a pup from here 5 years ago and she was a mess,shes a border and her white was brown,she had ear infections in both ears but cause was not and i mean not taken care of properly.The said she was 4 months old when we brought her home and took her to the vet they said no way this pup is 4 months old she's at least 8 months.We were there originally to get a 8 week pup when we arrived she said she sold are dog the day before. We had traveled from Northern Michigan to get are pup and she sold it.Then when she said let me go see what i have we were about to leave she came back into her kitchen with a new pup she said lets go see how she does with you.Well we got outside, the pup stood there biting at the grass,air,trees we dont think she had ever been outside!!!

Just brook are hearts.We took her and gave her a life she well needed.She still has a few issue but we love her so much.That is the only thing a can say about this horrible place is it did sell us a great girl. its been a struggle as she new nothing but we didnt give up on her like they did.

to sherrie from n.michigan #1564358

Not true at all. Wow. People need to get a life.