Shoreland Kennel is heartless

Suzanne Mayborne took our 6 year old border collie family member away on August 4, 2011 just because she could. The legal thing was done...not the right thing!

He was in our care for 17 months. He was properly vetted, properly registered, given daily exercise and groomed at least 3 times a week all while he had the best family life possible with 2 kids to love and bond with.

Everyone in the situation was lied too. However it still came down to Shoreland Kennels decision to take back what she owned, breaking the hearts of our family, to put him back in the kennel life so she could make some money off of him.

Due to the fight that we put up, Bob got 3 more glorious weeks of enormous love and non-kennel life. We think about Bob on a daily basis, he is gone from our family but NEVER FORGOTTEN. Please do not support her heartless ways!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 19 Yes 19 33 No 33
Had the same issue 12 Yes 12
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 19, 2015 #1021869

This dog was never legally owned by this family! They refused to give him back after Edelweiss Kennels illegally gave the dog to them. This dog was given to Edelweiss kennel as a finished champion for a junior handler to enjoy and show. He was under a contract that was breached by Edelweiss!

Aug 14, 2015 #1019618

If it was the fault of a third party, not the family with the dog, shouldn't you have taken it up with them? Get cash, or sue them. It's not the families fault, they and Bob are blameless. You taking it out on them, not the person in breach of contract, seams selfish, and childish. GROW UP! There were other ways to handle this, I hope you loose something AND someone close to you, so you understand what you put that poor family through, and poor Bob who both, did NOTHING wrong to you, and sure as he'll didn't breach a contract with you. Grow up and go after the ppl really at fault!!!

2 0 Reply

Oct 21, 2014 #887916

To the people whom posteed this, what happened to this other dog dying in a hot car that they claimed??? WhOs dog was that one and why did it end up dying in a hot car??

0 0 Reply

Oct 24, 2013 #732656

So sad. I hope your family is able to find another loving dog. Thank you for exposing this kennel for its heartless ways. She should have done what was right for the dog, which is keeping him with a family who loves him - not using him for her own financial means or sending him to a kennel!! Many breeders (especially show breeders in the Border Collie world) I've sadly learned first hand are all about the allmighty dollar. They will dispose of a dog in a heartbeat once it fails its hip rating or if they find they can't make money off of it. If they were truly in it for the well being of the dogs, they would know that a dog is a LIFETIME commitment. How can these breeders state on their websites that owning a dog is a lifetime commitment when they can't make that commitment themselves?!

3 3 Reply

Apr 04, 2013 #632575

Prove me wrong then.

Dec 03, 2012 #577572

Bob's hips are bad and he's been used over and over again. Such a sad thing to make more puppies with the possibility of having bad hips too. This seems to be a common practice of shoreland kennels. All about the dollar. :sigh

Kasey Mora

Aug 07, 2012 #525495

WOW!! I am pretty sure that Su would not have put the money into championing a dog with bad hips. I know the integrity of this woman as she has gone out of her way to help me. I dont think that a person who has replied has any CLUE what it costs to CH a dog. Can you guys afford to give away $15000.00 out of the kindness of your heart just to have the animal given away again?????

1 0 Reply

Apr 04, 2013 #632577

LOL!! Betty's hips are bad, even though she's taken her here and there to different vets to have hips done and to get the same results.

Jul 25, 2012 #519223

This is not true. These people were given a dog that we owned. I have proof of the ownership, and they never owned the dog. Bob was a champion and stollen from us! I hope that people look into the facts instead of listening to these lies! I wish this website would look into the facts before allowing people to put just anything up on their site. :eek

3 3 Reply

Jul 25, 2012 #519222

These people never had any rights to my dog. They did not own this dog. My champion dog was given away to other people that had no rights to him. I do have a contract, and it's being handled by attorneys now. Shoreland was nice enough to trust a JR Handler to let them take Bob and show him in Jr's. Bob was already trained and a champion, so it made it easier for this person to get in the ring and win with him. These same people by contract were to return Bob to us, and instead let some friends have him, without letting us know. This is being handled in court now.

4 1 Reply
better than you

Aug 14, 2015 #1019610 Fair Oaks, California

Why would you say "I gave the dog to..." if you didn't let them have the dog. If you let them "show" the dog, it's different. Maybe someone in the "puppy mill" industry would choose to express themselves, using concise language, so ppl don't "misunderstand" you. Sounds like all you care about is the almighty dollar. I agree with original poster, you're an ***.

1 0 Reply
Shoreland Kennel

Jul 25, 2012 #519183

These are all lies about our dogs, and Bob was never sold, and he is still owned by Shoreland. That's how much people don't know about this. This dog was a champion and GIVEN for free to a JR Handler that without permission gave Bob away to a pet home, without telling the owner, which was Shoreland that they had done so. There is a contract that Bob would be returned to Shoreland when he was finished showing. These people had no rights to have the dog to begin with and were told stories, which is too bad. What is NEVER mentioned is that Shoreland did offer these people that had Bob a nice border collie puppy for a replacement. But Bob was a champion before leaving Shoreland, and very valuable to them. He is NOT sold. These are all lies!

Apr 04, 2013 #632584

Myself. I would rather have a dog that was SO special to me be loved and cared for as a house dog than live the rest of his life in a kennel.

Jun 11, 2012 #494240

The truth being the dog was given to a Jr handler for juniors dog. Sue had too many dogs and was selling both boys due to bob didn't and couldn't pass ofa and his brother is a carrier. Look it up you'll notice the dog has been bred plenty of times for his hips to be done and I also know this cause I had close experience with the dogs working in the kennel. Bob lived with the junior and her sister all during bobs life he only ended up living with missingourboy cause he would then have a couch to sleep on 24/7. Their kids I thought were going to do jrs. With him. And btw shoreland kennel is a liar there was no contract. The Jr told shoreland they needed to be coowners on the dog or they were giving him back and that was a year after they had already had him showing him winning group placements on him. Due to the threat shoreland kennel didn't want the dog back so they claimed they would mail papers. Shoreland only took the dog because she thought it was right after another one of her dogs passed away in the juniors mothers boyfriends RV. The junior was not involved. Now poor bob lives in Columbia where he willbe shown andbred till he is dead. He was sold to a handler there that doesn't even know the breed standard. Again poor bob and everyone involved. I know his handler that finished him and I know she feels for the dog and wished the family would have still had him.

2 0 Reply

Jan 03, 2013 #588924

Again, it would be good to have facts. I know all about this situation, and it is so sad. To treat other peoples dogs so poorly! And leave them in a hot vehicle to die! Nobody should own a dog or any animal that is so irresponsible! So sad and horrible. This is why Bob was asked to be returned. I know the story, and all of these are lies! Shoreland breeds wonderful dogs, and has people all over the world that are VERY happy with their dogs from this breeder!

0 0 Reply
are  you kidding?

Mar 21, 2013 #626457

REALLY????? Have you seen first hand the deplorable conditions at Shoreland??? If you haven't then step down!!! At one time Shoreland did breed some nice dogs, however now it's all about the dollar!!! Breeding animals with bad hips and many other issues.Young females as young as 6 months getting kennel bred because she runs males and females together. Not to mention the repeated breeding of Betty with failed hips BTW and Betty supposed to be ''heart dog'' Cash cow is how I see it!!! :(
Until everyone stops buying from Shoreland she will continue to breed and breed,and put more sick unhealthy puppies out there.

Giggling Granny

Apr 12, 2012 #464908

You have to watch for back for the dreadful karma because someday it will catch up with you and *** your a$$!!!!

1 1 Reply

Mar 13, 2012 #447981

THEY TOOK ME FOR $2,000.00 !

2 2 Reply

Mar 12, 2012 #447885

i also delt with shoreland...
she sold me a sick and half blind puppy !!
PLEASE read my older complaints on this website !!
they did not take back their sick puppy and didnot give us a replacement !!
they took me for over $ 2,000.00 dollars
buy the time we got done with vet bills and purchase.
shoreland knew the pup was sick before i recieved it off the plane at the airport but did nothing but delay me from getting a replacement pup.
i tried the better business bureau but they did not help me----she does not belong to that group so they cant help !!! what a waste they were to me !!
pay pal told me to pay to ship the pup back to them and if i wanted a replacement ..i would have to pay shipping again !! THAT WAS 3 SHIPMENTS that would have been out of my pocket---shoreland did not offer to help !! and this was their sick pup they sent me !!

i'm sorry,, but i'm getting all upset again...
such a sad situation ..this kennel needs to be put out of business !!
if someone has the time and money to get a class action against them... COUNT ME IN !!!

1-20 of 26 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.