We purchased our border collie from Sue Mayborne a little over 5 years ago. We've noticed recently that Angus has been limping, and last week our vet diagnosed him with hip displasia. This is not the first time we've had issues with Shoreland's dogs.

Our 3 year old aussie, Rosie, was very ill when we picked her up from Shoreland. When we arrived at Sue Mayborne's home, she wasn't home and someone took our check and pointed to Rosie- Rosie was sitting in the sun, on blacktop, with a cage around her. She was filthy. She had to be taken to the University of Wisconsin-Madison for an ultrasound because our vet couldn't figure out why she was so ill. I could fit my hands around the smallest part of her stomach, she was painfully thin. She ended up having giardia and recovered quickly once treated. Our vet also realized that Shoreland lied about Rosie's age- she was older than advertised.

We contacted Shoreland about her age discrepancy (although they will deny it, of course!), and the fact that Rosie did not even match the photo on the website of the dog we had originally requested. But at that point, Rosie was my Little Love, and I couldn't let her go.

We realized quickly that Rosie had behavior issues. We were lucky enough to speak personally with dog behaviorist Patricia McConnell, and one of her behaviorists came to our house to work with Rosie. Rosie has the diagnosis of "Cautious Canine". She was extremely fearful and sometimes even aggressive towards women. After two years of working with her, Rosie's anxiety and aggression is a little better.

We absolutely love these two dogs. They are precious and a part of our family. That being said, we strongly caution against purchasing from Shoreland Kennels in Winnebago, IL.

Review about: Shoreland Kennel Dog.

Comments